Platinum is a reference-quality headphone cable with a noticeable difference in performance over WyWires RED headphone cable and any stock cable. We have been able to retain the flexibility and (mostly) the light weight of the RED headphone cable.
Terminates to common source connectors: ¼”, ⅛”, dual 3-pin XLR, balanced 4-pin XLR
Most-ordered Platinum headphone cables compatible with:
- Mr. Speakers
- Focal Utopia, Clear, Elear, Stellia
- Meze Empyrean
- Design created exclusively for reference headphones
- Hand-crafted in the USA, proprietary wire formula manufactured in USA
- Up to 4x the conductivity of stock cables without adding unwanted mass
- Reduces capacitance that causes time-delay smearing and transient masking
- Minimizes inductance for improved resolution and transient response
- Reduces signal cross-talk for a deep, immersive soundstage for all music genres
- Dead quiet! Our Carbon graphene material greatly attenuates signal loss from EMI
- Standard length 5 feet
- Any custom length available
- White-with-gray-stripe tekflex with black pigtails
- Cotton-wrapped copper Litz wire
- Carbon/Graphene materials, protected by small tube
"There's an emphasis on the mid-to-lower midrange...as that's where most of the music lies, it's a welcomed upgrade. WyWires has done a terrific job expanding on their successful RED Series with Platinum. The cable offers reference level performance in a more affordable package."
- Michael Mercer, HiFi+, Issue 167
"I could not agree more. I have the Platinum USB and Platinum 4 pin XLR headphone cable. Alex is making a Platinum adapter to use with my soon to arrive Utopia."
- Audio Addict, Head-Fi Community Member, Jan 13, 2017